Re: Bogus Printer Error Message

The commonality beyond the older printers and the error is the USB to
parallel converter. Perhaps this is a hint?

"Alice" <Alice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I've been trying unsuccessfully to use the USB to Parallel Converter cable
connect my newish Dell to my very old Canon BJC-80. Always get ERROR -
FAILED TO PRINT. Have spoken to vendor, geek squad, etc. Perhaps a XP
compatibility problem? Or is the Canon just too old (1997).

THANKS

"PattyL" wrote:

It sounds like either your computer is not getting the message from the
printer that the print job is complete or it is not getting there before
it
is expected and hence the message.

Do you get this message if the computer is connected to the computer via
parrallel cable (no conversion to USB)? If not, then the cable or the
speed
of communication is the problem.

PattyL

"Keely Carraway" <Keely Carraway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
I'm getting a popup error message every time I try to print saying
"Document
Failed To Print". The printer is an older HP 4000 (parallel
interface),
and
I'm using a USB-parallel converter to talk to it.

Funny thing is, the document prints every time, despite the error
message.
Thus, it's more of an annoyance than anything.

Anyway, any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

  • Re: Panasonic Printing Problem
    ... Parallel converter which should be there. ... Going back to the beginning I see you say that you are using a USB to ... parallel converter cable to connect your PC to the parallel connection ... If you get such a card to provide you with a real parallel port then I ...
  • Re: LPT1
    ... the company wants to save the money and not re-buy our label printers ... I bought a USB to Parallel converter but I ... setup the printer twice: on LPT1 and USB. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: USB to Parallel Adapter
    ... I want connect POS printer to notebook which have USB ports only, ... If the driver or the printer does not require two-way com between ... standard ones that are built into Windows. ... The USB to parallel converter should Plug 'n Play w/o drivers in XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Connecting USB to parallel device (in Windows 7?)
    ... trying to use a Laserjet 6L on an infowave USB to parallel converter. ... adding a port but it didnt seem to let me configure it as a USB port. ... Nothing shows the Agere printer once I receive the message that it has ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)