Re: Cannot access a shared printer on my home wireless network
- From: "Cari \(MS-MVP\)" <Newsgroups1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:47:20 -0800
Are both PCs in the same Workgroup?
Printing & Imaging
"Sheina" <Sheina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I have a Windows XP PC system (a |Dell) with a locally attached Lexmark
> all-in-one printer. I can print OK from the PC. The Dell has a wireless
> network using Netgear router. The laptop I am typing this on is
> attached to the internet through the wireless connection - i.e. throught
> Netgaear router. The only thing I can't seem to get working is to access
> Lexmark from this laptop.
> I have made the Lexmark a shared device. When I run the wizard to add a
> printer, I am not sure how to specify the printer name, so it seems that
> wizard cannot find the shared Lexmark and hence not add it. On the Dell,
> printer name is shown as "Lexmark.pcl", but the wizard requires you to put
> a name that looks like a URL. If I try the "browse" option on the wizard,
> can't sem to find the printer properly. So I am struggling to add the
> to my laptop.
> The help instructions don't help.
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Setting a default printer?
- Next by Date: Mapping lpt1 to hp direct jet printer using Net Use
- Previous by thread: Setting a default printer?
- Next by thread: Re: Cannot access a shared printer on my home wireless network