Re: Cannot access a shared printer on my home wireless network

Are both PCs in the same Workgroup?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Sheina" <Sheina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I have a Windows XP PC system (a |Dell) with a locally attached Lexmark
> all-in-one printer. I can print OK from the PC. The Dell has a wireless
> network using Netgear router. The laptop I am typing this on is
> successfully
> attached to the internet through the wireless connection - i.e. throught
> the
> Netgaear router. The only thing I can't seem to get working is to access
> the
> Lexmark from this laptop.
>
> I have made the Lexmark a shared device. When I run the wizard to add a
> printer, I am not sure how to specify the printer name, so it seems that
> the
> wizard cannot find the shared Lexmark and hence not add it. On the Dell,
> the
> printer name is shown as "Lexmark.pcl", but the wizard requires you to put
> in
> a name that looks like a URL. If I try the "browse" option on the wizard,
> it
> can't sem to find the printer properly. So I am struggling to add the
> printer
> to my laptop.
>
> The help instructions don't help.
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.

  • Printer Connection
    ... Whenever I disconnect and reconnect my (Lexmark) printer ... to my (Dell) laptop with a USB cable, Windows reinstalls ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Printer Sharing - Lexmark
    ... Youve installed the Lexmark printer drivers on your Laptop, ... printer was I had one HP Laptop running Windows XP SP2. ... I also had a dell ...
  • Re: Problems Installing a Lexmark Printer with Windows XP...
    ... Make sure you have the latest driver package from the Lexmark website.... ... of course, even if it was a Dell printer, it would be made by Lexmark and rebadged, so Dell should know all about it. ... Installation as always should be software FIRST, and only when the software tells you, connect printer to PC with USB cable.... ... Do I need to reinstall something else, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Duplex printer advice
    ... I'm looking to replace my current printer - a Dell 1700n - because I ... can't make it work with FreeBSD/Linux. ... I'm only finding the Lexmark Optra T622DN ... everything but a paper tray large enough to hold a full ream. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Duplex printer advice
    ... I'm looking to replace my current printer - a Dell 1700n - because I ... I'm only finding the Lexmark Optra T622DN ... and take larger toner cartidges. ... a paper tray large enough to hold a full ream. ...
    (freebsd-questions)