Multiple printer problem in XP?

We have laptops that we use for student checkout. Throughout the library we
have 11 HP 2200 printers that the laptops have access to. The laptops
connect to these printers via USB at each location. My problem is that as
you connect each printer it installs another instance of the 2200 printer on
the computer making the student have to select which printer he is at when he
wants to print. This makes it somewhat confusing to some students and I end
up having to go assist them by cancelling print jobs and then showing them
how to select the correct printer and print to it. Before we used Windows
2000 on these laptops and we did not have this problem with that operating
system. The question I have is this. Is there a was to group all these
printers together such that they print under a single printer setup or set
them up in such a way that when they connect to the printer it knows what
printer they are connected to and selects that one for them when printing?

Thanks for the help.

  • RE: Import txt file, update or append related tables
    ... In other words I created a student and test on the ... Since I created the student a autonumber was generated and related to tblTest ... but everything else since other laptops could generate the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: Latitude D610 good for college student? Or what laptop best?
    ... Ultraportable laptops are also great because I find that I don't use a CD drive very often when taking notes, and with corporate machines, using a docking station for battery charging and mobile expansion. ... If you're a student, you also need to think about backup options like external drives and anti-theft devices, like fingerprint readers and smart cards, again only offered in corporate machines. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Any InfoSelect users here?
    ... When I was a student, I lived in the Dorms for 4 years (go*, how did I ... Remember -- the power of the current laptops is just as good as ... primary one), two power adaptors, and more than 2 years left on a ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Question On The Harry Potter Books
    ... every wizard on earth would want to do routinely, but can't, and that ... Although "producible by a top student with not much money ... "feasible for at least some professionals to produce for sale at less ... Certainly not laptops. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: "This pretty much says it all"
    ... So this is not a Windows issue, ... It is, because some of the laptops that run Windows have it, and thus ... This isn¹t about marketshare, John. ... connection is working and shows activity. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)