Re: XP Fax error when cover page is included

From: Rich Bell (RG_Bell_at_nvbell.net)
Date: 02/22/04

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:35:16 -0800

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument

>> Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>>> Out of ideas. Good luck. Let me know what you find.

> association
>>
>> Thanks for the effort. At least there are others having this problem
>> so
> there
>> will be more people looking for a solution. Hopefully MS will look
>> for a
>> solution.

Yes, I created a rule in Norton's firewall, tried disabling the firewall,
and even uninstalled the firewall. It sure makes no sense that it can make a
tif file for the attached document but not for the cover page. It shows a
thumbnail of the cover page when you select it so it is able to get the
image.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Need Mac and PC Firewall S/W
    ... Norton AV alone does NOT mean Norton firewall. ... Do you have Norton Internet ... > to have firewall software installed. ... modem / wireless router combo. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Newbie question
    ... >Which is a good firewall software for a PC at home? ... If you don't mind spending 50 bucks or so: ... but if you have nor services running on that port (see ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: norton antivirus and ms firewall
    ... > straight answers from Symantec. ... > the other is simply called "Windows Firewall. ... I personally don't run any firewall software on my computers, ... NAT router for more than 5 years without any compromise, ...
  • Re: Purchasing Tiny 3.0 nightmare!
    ... >and the firewall software had been taken over by Kerio ... they sold the 2.1 firewall ... and its developers to KERIO. ... >> Well they did charge my card but they NEVER sent the key. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: SP2 problems
    ... disabled the firewalls and its affecting simple things like loading webpages. ... and personal firewall are enough to protect me from the security flaws I'm ... > access of some popular games to the internet. ... > firewall software, as well as the ability for advanced ...