Re: photo shop 3

Michael J. Mahon schreef:
John Inzer wrote:
spam2you wrote:
If you put a PC-quality Photostory export on DVD, the quality is
excellent. Unfortunately when using Movie Maker the quality of the
resulting movie decreases.
========================
Have you tried using Custom Profiles?

I have, and I know what he means.

If you have an HD monitor or TV, the standard SDTV filters used
by many DVD creation tools, including Movie Maker, results in
a "smoothed" picture which lacks the crispness that an HD
monitor can provide, even with a standard DVD as the source.

Using a "PC" profile of substantially higher resolution, such
as 1024x768, turns off the "TV" filter and produces resolution
which matches the best that DVD is capable of (720x480).

-michael

Even when I create a high res custom profile (1024x768), the MM exported video is, well, disappointing.
FYI: I use Nero VE to build DVD's and I get the best results when directly importing a 1024x768 Photostory export. Nero VE will then again recode this videofile, but the quality is excellent.
If I use MM to add extra banners, captions and effects, the exported MM video is just not worth watching. Let alone burn it on a DVD.

If some1 knows how to create high quality video's from MM, I'd be very happy.

  • Re: best save setting to fit >1hr video on DVD
    ... I downloaded the profile and it's ready to go. ... I doubt it will even come close to replacing DVD ... set at 'superior quality VBR'. ... Since you put the ''13'' different clips into Movie Maker to add titles ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Custom profile question
    ... and generate a NTSC DVD slideshow to be played on the TV. ... >> priority is quality of picture. ... Then resize using any program other than Movie Maker. ... if you set the bitrate to high then the keyframe will come ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Windows XP Pro - No HighMAT Format
    ... Movie Maker 2 is fine. ... DVD for much better quality display on your TV you will then need a DVD ... solution for creating a TV viewable slideshow of photos? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Blurry pictures
    ... Also, by having to transfer it to a cd and then to dvd, as opposed to ... The quality will be set when you save it... ... profile when you save the movie in Movie Maker. ... Quality Settings in Custom Profiles ...