Re: help please with toshiba PDR-M60 camera connection

Thanks for your response. My problem was solved only after I removed SP2 then
installed camera. Have since reinstalled SP2 with no futher issues.

"Gregg Rivers [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hello Brian,
>
> Not sure if you've had any luck with this issue or not. Here is some info
> from the Toshiba web site. The info in the First Time Install section is
> definitely worth trying.
> - Downloading Images
> The USB connection was designed for use with Microsoft Windows
> 98/2000/ME/XP. If you are using Windows 95 or Windows NT, the drivers in
> your operating system may not be supported by the USB connection. USB is
> also supported by Apple / MAC.
>
> FIRST TIME INSTALL
>
> Note: Image Expert can be installed before or after the USB drivers for the
> camera. If it is installed prior to installing the drivers, then please
> temporarily remove the Camio Viewer from the System Tray (At the bottom
> right of the screen in the bar, it looks like a little camera. Right Click
> the little camera and select 'Exit' to temporarily close Camio Viewer while
> you install the drivers.)
>
> 1) Drivers are located on the CD. Drivers can also be downloaded from the
> web site to a known folder on your computer (for example, "My Documents").
>
> 2) Connect the camera to the computer by USB and turn the camera to the
> "connection" setting on the Mode Dial (looks like a lightning bolt). Please
> wait for the computer to detect the camera, this may take a few minutes the
> first time it is connected (be patient, it is much faster after it has been
> properly installed).
>
> 3) The Hardware Installation Wizard will recognize a new device connected to
> the computer and prompt you for the location of the driver. Browse to the CD
> or the folder (for example "My Documents") where the driver is located.
>
> Imaging Devices > PDR-M60 Camera Driver
>
> 4) Open Image Expert and make sure that the configuration settings in the
> MENU / CAMERA / CONNECTION are Serial / USB instead of USB Mounted Drive.
> The pathway is not available under this setting so you will need to confirm
> USB Mounted Drive is still set to DCIM only.
>
> Let us know how that goes.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregg Rivers [MSFT]

> rights.
> newsgroups.
>
> "Brian" <Brian @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > used to work find on same pc running xp home. Have tried fixes used by
> > this
> > group on similar problems. Recently removed Real 10 has suggested by
> > group.
> > Camera does appear under device manager as imaging device when connected
> > but
> > will not update driver-get invalid data message at end of install wizard.
> > Two
> > unrecognized devices listed under imaging devices even with no camera
> > connected and they will not uninstall- says may be needed for boot. Any
> > ideas?

  • Re: help please with toshiba PDR-M60 camera connection
    ... The info in the First Time Install section is ... The USB connection was designed for use with Microsoft Windows ... Image Expert can be installed before or after the USB drivers for the ... right of the screen in the bar, it looks like a little camera. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Installation of hardware
    ... Note your camera is essentially a USB drive. ... XP comes with drivers for USB mass storage. ... An Windows repair install helps then. ... Try a different USB port. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: lifecam vx6000
    ... English "USB20 Camera " ... the ingredients for the OS to install a driver, ... SN9C202 Drivers ... Microsoft to fix the issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Data2.cab
    ... I think you need to uninstall the Fuji USB driver from within Control ... Fuji Camera that I need to hook the camera up to the USB port and then install ... > drivers in device mgr. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: unable to open pics from usb or email
    ... I haven't installed Real Player ... My camera is compatible with XP and I don't ... the connection is made but you cannot transfer. ... >>need to install a driver, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)