Re: Solve This?! photo file corruption from the best of the best..

From: Brian not Brain -but thanks 4compliment! (BriannotBrainbutthanks4compliment_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/01/04

Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:03:04 -0800

Same signs of file corruption with all the same tools. No difference between
applications. Worst of it was that these files were deleted from camera
memory when transferred to PC. Cannot reproduce files.

"Yves Alarie" wrote:

> When you open these files with Windows Pictures and Fax viewer or your Canon
> photo software, are these files displayed properly on your screen?
>
> "Brian not Brain -but thanks 4compliment!"
> <BriannotBrainbutthanks4compliment@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:B4B9ED3F-2416-4380-AE5A-832FF58F6396@microsoft.com...
> > Brand new P4 XP SP2, Raid0 2HD. and 1 Gig RAM. First download of picture
> > files was flawless and 16 files looked great from Canon digital. Now 14
> of
> > the 16 files have fallen apart even with Symantec 9.0 Internet Security
> and
> > Antivirus. Using MS Office 2003 Professional Picture Manager. Did
> > Checkdisk/r and /f. no repair seen. Getting Gaps, lines, cutoff, weird
> color
> > configuration or cannot see at all. Any ideas? Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: xmalloc string functions
    ... require memory allocations depending on the way the system works. ... If the toolkit being used is not one of those, then it is irrelevant that some provide a means to do so, particularly if the "some" are not available for the platform being targeted. ... Not enough context for most real-world applications to recover at this point. ... At this point g_malloccalling abortbecomes a moot point, particularly if your auto-save code is robust against memory allocation errors. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: ProDOS Plus
    ... operating system was not considered worth the problems when it was just as easy to make the applications support 128k or more ram. ... your suggested P-code system could do something similar by running in the aux 64k memory range $D000...FFFF or perhaps the aux ram used by the P8 /ram driver code space. ... the OS could fit in *only* the space that ProDOS now occupies. ... if practicality were a concern we probably wouldn't be using old hardware. ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)
  • Re: xmalloc string functions
    ... If these were the only choices (crashing applications or a frozen ... trying to malloc some rediculously large amount of memory - e.g. in the ... because their malloc wrapper decided to exit. ... Exiting on malloc failure makes sense for a utility like sort. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • New Graduate Looking for work -DETAILS INSIDE (LONG read during lunch break)
    ... -A temperature sensor (they want this on all boards in the satellite ... we used the radio units in the ... For non-volatile memory storage, we had originally chosen the AT25F641 ... For the camera, the C328R from Co-media was selected. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: xmalloc string functions
    ... require memory allocations depending on the way the system works. ... Not enough context for most real-world applications to ... It is /more/ reliable to routinely auto-save the user's work (as you ... particularly if your auto-save code is robust against memory allocation ...
    (comp.lang.c)