Re: untitled.bmp

From: Paul Ballou (A26milerunner_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/29/04

Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:11:17 -0500

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/newsgroups/faq/default.asp
Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format in
Microsoft Internet Explorer?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978
Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324761
Cannot Save Images in Windows XP as JPG

Cache Sentry available here will help with the problem.

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office
"dietermod" <dietermod@aol.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I try to capture a picture from a web site or
> msn.group using the save piture as command it comes up as
> untitled.bmp instead of its correct name.  Most are jpgs
> but it will not allow me to change the file type.  How do
> I fix this? please post to group or reply directly to me
> at dietermod@aol.com.
>
> Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Images on IE6 for WinXP Pro
    ... 260650 - Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper ... Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files) ... regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll, ...
  • Re: Images on IE6 for WinXP Pro
    ... 260650 - Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format ... Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files) ... regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll, ...
  • Re: Images on IE6 for WinXP Pro
    ... 260650 - Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format ... Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files) ... regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll, ...
  • Re: Downloads in BMP or art format instead of preferable jpeg or jpg
    ... Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files) ... Cannot Save Images in Windows XP as JPG ... MVP Office ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Image file extension help
    ... Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files) ... Cannot Save Images in Windows XP as JPG ... When I go to open the pictures in any ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)