Re: XP slowdown

Dandroid wrote:

After disinfecting for spyware/malware, and restoring to even the earliest
restore point, my dell still boots and runs very slow. I may have
quarantined or otherwise erased important xp files during the disinfection
process. Knowledgable friends say format & reinstall. I can but would
rather not. Does a method exist for repair without reformatting?

Yes, see:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

--
Falcon:
fide, sed cui vide. (L)

  • Re: Problem with install, new computer, a DELL.
    ... Harttra wrote: ... > I tryed installing Windows XP on my new DELL from scratch. ... > own version of XP and when it boots and I tell it to intall Windows ... It's a Dell Poweredge SC420. ...
  • Re: Windows XP Pro for a Server
    ... You need to be talking to DELL about this!!!!!! ... > Do you think I could pul the Hard Drive and put in a new Drive and then ... >> for use in a server enviourment ... >>> act when the OP boots the machine with his own boot CD? ...
  • Re: Missing File
    ... I have a small problem with an old Dell Latitude laptop. ... When it boots ... There *is* an issue if System Restore was turned OFF on the XP install. ... that case, you can only use the default install registry, which knows ...
  • dell insipiron laptop problem
    ... Have an old Dell 6000 inspiron laptop. ... It has XP on and boots up fine apaprt from when it gets to the descktop the ... If i start it in safe mode the screen comes up fine and al works ok, ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • forgotten password
    ... programmes but now am in even more trouble. ... The PC no longer boots to ... password and to press to disable security or to ... The PC has no floppy drive (thanks dell for that stroke of genius) so I ...