RE: How to Restore Active Desktop?

Dear Nass,

This is the URL of the problem:

I have the latest version of Trent Micro, so I don't think I have a virus.

I am restarting the computer now, to see if anything has changed.

Could a file be corrupted at that URL?

Thank you for your help.

"nass" wrote:

"John" wrote:

My computer with Windows XP froze and when I restarted it, I can not get the
White Desktop screen to go away. This had happened to me before, but I could
always restore the Desktop, by clicking on the relevant button on the white
screen. All my icons are in place. This is the message I get:

An error has occerred in the script on this page

Line 65
Char 1
Code 0

Any advice?

If you are sure 100% your machine is clean skip these steps and go ahead to
the right click and the registry fix!

Go through these Cleaning steps:
1... First, try to clean up your caches, Internet files and delete cookies
by doing this:
Click Start >> Control Panel >> Double click Network and Internet
Connections >> Double click Internet Options.
On the IE properties windows you will see these Tabs:
General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs |
Under General Tab clear your History, Internet Files and Cookies.
Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option:
[&] Browsing
[ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest) uncheck this box.
Then click on Programs Tab and click Manage Add-Ons and Disable all non
Verified Add-Ons (You should Renable them later one-by-one and see the
culprit and update it or remove it.
How to manage Add-Ons:
Scan for malware from here:
SuperAntispyware - Free

Run a scan from here on-line:
Download Avast Cleaner (offline scanner) from here:

Run disk clean up on your Drive.

-Right click on Desktop >>"Arrange Icons by" and make sure Lock Web
items is unchecked.

Active Desktop - Enable or Disable