Re: Help

"AnnieD" <AnnieD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:DEC082D7-5A73-4588-A6D5-8EB9D0273D11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I do not know the name of the virus, but I do know that I have gotten rid
of
it. There is no viruses found on my computer at all. I may have not really
"fixed" the problem at hand, I am just thankful that I no longer have any
viruses. Now I just need to get my computer back to normal.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

AnnieD wrote:
My computer got attacked by a virus, and since I fixed the problem
I am not able to access the part of the display to change my
background. What should I do?

Sounds like you may not have 'fixed the problem'...

What virus?
How did you 'fix the problem'?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Annie:

It is impossible to prove that a computer does not have any viruses. Doing
so amounts to proving a negative which is a logical impossibility. All you
can do is prove that your antivirus cannot find any of the viruses that it
can detect. Thus the question of how many there are that the antivirus
cannot detect remains unanswerable.
Jim

  • Re: How to scan a compromised system?
    ... > You only have this problem with some viruses that are memory resident ... > only if your antivirus scanner does not have that virus in it's database ... > machine unless your antivirus scanner is unaware of the new virus. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: How to scan a compromised system?
    ... You only have this problem with some viruses that are memory resident ... only if your antivirus scanner does not have that virus in it's database ... machine unless your antivirus scanner is unaware of the new virus. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: my dome
    ... NO--You should not, of course, open attachments from unknown senders. ... However, with viruses which spoof the senders address, and even, at times, ... I'd recommend quitting opening attachments in email. ... Antivirus isn't a panacea, however. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: XP Security - in general
    ... > Signature scanning fails to detect new viruses. ... The email virus scanner passed it as clean. ... localized problems for the antivirus industry ... > years of development before it can replace signature scanning. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: cannot access ANY web sites