Re: Spyware Removal

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 04:18:02 -0700, angel weekes
<angelweekes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi could any one tell me what the best Spyware removal software is. I
currently use, Solo Antivirus also Spyware fighter and also Windows advance
care

I've never heard of any of these, which leads me to suspect that they
are far from the best products around.

and spybot.

I assume that you mean "Spybot Search and Destroy." That is one of
well-known and better-regarded products.

I am finding that when I use one lets say Solo antivirus it says my systerm
is clean then I run Spyware fighter and it finds one infection was found then
when I run spybot it says I have 3 infections. I would like only to use 1 or
2 spyware removal software. Does anyone know which spyware removal software
would removal all.

There is no such thing. A single anti-spyware product--even the best
one--is *not* good enough. Note what Eric Howes, who has done
extensive testing on Anti-Spyware products, states:

"No single anti-spyware scanner removes everything. Even the
best-performing anti-spyware scanner in these tests missed fully one
quarter of the "critical" files and Registry entries" See
http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm

I use and recommend

Spybot Search and Destroy
Adaware