Re: Spyware Removal

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 04:18:02 -0700, angel weekes
<angelweekes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi could any one tell me what the best Spyware removal software is. I
currently use, Solo Antivirus also Spyware fighter and also Windows advance
care

I've never heard of any of these, which leads me to suspect that they
are far from the best products around.

and spybot.

I assume that you mean "Spybot Search and Destroy." That is one of
well-known and better-regarded products.

I am finding that when I use one lets say Solo antivirus it says my systerm
is clean then I run Spyware fighter and it finds one infection was found then
when I run spybot it says I have 3 infections. I would like only to use 1 or
2 spyware removal software. Does anyone know which spyware removal software
would removal all.

There is no such thing. A single anti-spyware product--even the best
one--is *not* good enough. Note what Eric Howes, who has done
extensive testing on Anti-Spyware products, states:

"No single anti-spyware scanner removes everything. Even the
best-performing anti-spyware scanner in these tests missed fully one
quarter of the "critical" files and Registry entries" See
http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm

I use and recommend

Spybot Search and Destroy
Adaware
Spyware Blaster
Windows Defender.

All of these are freeware.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

  • Re: Help on SEARCH with MSN
    ... It is not spyware or any of those as I have them all ... You should periodically defragment your hard drives as well as check them ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: Iexplorer cpu usage 97% at startup
    ... If only viruses were the only bad things out there. ... Trojans, spyware, adware and other scumware exists. ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
  • Re: Spyware problems
    ... > spyware, and a link to a removal site. ... Depends on what "no matter what I do" includes... ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Legitimate file or Spyware?
    ... > several different spyware scans and they all say my computer is clean. ... Have you ran at least 5 of the applications in the SPYWARE section below? ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ...
  • Re: Security
    ... Mike mistakenly refers to our product as spyware. ... WeatherBug because we are not. ... > Windows is not the only product you likely have on your PC. ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)