Re: I'm an idiot with a recovery console

Hi Mike -
I'm having exactly the same problem - have you solved this?
Thanks for any insights,
Carrie

mike.tr.19T@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I had the same problem - I'm pretty angry right now.

At first I couldn't load explorer.exe b/c of iertutil.dll
I solved that by replacing it w/ an archived copy from a dll download
site

Now I have that blasted "ordinal 56" error when I try to run a
windows-associated process (includes many system processes as well as
things like media player and messenger)

I cannot view anything in Internet explorer either - firefox works fine
as does windows explorer but Internet Explorer opens up IE6 style and
doesn't open any sites or internet options.

I tried to run Windows update - no dice. I tried installing IE7
manually from the Windows site but it gives me a bunch of errors:
"windows could not load the installer for mouse" (sometimes says
"SCSIadapter" rather than "mouse")

I'm pretty frustrated and I just want a working OS again.

Any help is appreciated
- Thanks

needlove wrote:
Thanks for the reply and I'll check it out but I did get Windows up and
running by reinstalling IE 7. Haven't had time to try updates yet.

.