Re: sound problem
- From: Robert Gault <robert.gault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 02:00:14 GMT
I have system sounds and skype works. games and video do not have sound. Sound card is sound blaster audigy 2 zs (wmd) and device manager says it is working properly but sound device properties says no audio device. There is no volume control in the lower task bar. I reinstalled the sound card drivers,zilch. I deleted the sound card and rebooted and then installed drivers. I installed the latest driver from creative labs,zilch. I installed the lastest directx9.0 files still not fixed. I had this problem once before and reinstalling windows fixed it but I would rather not go thru that procedure again if I can figure out how to fix without a reinstall of windows.
What report do you get if you run the Creative Diagnostics program? It should be on your hard drive in the
Program Files/Creative/SBAudigy2/Diagnostics directory and available from the Start/Programs/Creative list.
- Prev by Date: Re: sp1a install
- Next by Date: Re: sp1a install
- Previous by thread: RE: large files in C:/docs-settings/myname/nethood
- Next by thread: Re: Booting from the CD ROM Drive