Re: How to run system restore without a mouse or keyboard?

A repair install isn't all that bad.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

"watermanovi" wrote
Thanks Bert,

It is very reassuring to get such a quick response. You can probably guess
how frustrating it is sitting in front of a computer and not being able to
communicate with it, but knowing what I would like to do.

I had spotted your first article (id=307545) previously, but not tried it
due to the problem with not being able to see the Windows drive through my
RAID controller whilst in the Recovery Console. Thinking further on this I
see that the Silicon Image (not Graphics as prerviously stated!) website has
some new drivers available
(http://www.siliconimage.com/support/supportsearchresults.aspx?pid=28&cid=3&ctid=2&osid=4&;)
which may fix this problem. Failing that I will probably temporarily unplug
the S-ATA and power cables from my data drives in the hope that the windows
drive will then show up in the XP Recovery Console. Unfortunately the
Silicon Image RAID controller software does not give an option of disabling.

Thanks again

  • Re: Unmountable Boot Volume AND Session3 Initialization Failed
    ... I believe I successfully created a 'slipstream' Windows XP install CD using nLite. ... Long story short, I booted to CD, selected F6 and after processing drivers, the Install asked me to press 'S' to load additional storage drivers. ... I was given the Windows Install and Recovery Console options. ... aren't any drives installed on the system. ...
  • Re: Unmountable Boot Volume AND Session3 Initialization Failed
    ... I believe I successfully created a 'slipstream' Windows XP install CD using ... I was given the Windows ... Install and Recovery Console options. ... aren't any drives installed on the system. ...
  • Re: Unmountable Boot Volume AND Session3 Initialization Failed
    ... PGP encryption puts a 'hook' in the MBR, when you boot the hard disk the MBR hook runs a programs that presents you with the PGP screen so that you may unlock the disk. ... If no then the disk remains encrypted and there is diddly squat that you will be able to do with the Recovery Console. ... The next best thing would be to install PGP on another computer and then mount the disk on that installation and then see if you can unlock the disk or remove the encryption on the disk from the other Windows installation. ... aren't any drives installed on the system. ...
  • Re: Windows XP Recovery Console - Accessing non-system drives
    ... Windows, only to bios. ... I have started the recovery console and can sucessfully access the ... Removable media drives such as CD-ROM drives ... You didn't really indicate why the computer continuously reboots, you simply said: " My system is in a continuous reboot mode. ...
  • Re: Windows XP Recovery Console - Accessing non-system drives
    ... The phyical drive the OS is on is partitioned into 3 logical drives. ... anything to the problem drive when I try to boot from it. ... Windows, only to bios. ... I have started the recovery console and can sucessfully access the ...