Repair of perfmon.msc performance monitor
- From: "Evan" <hturek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 15 Jul 2006 20:01:21 -0700
Apparently a number of people have had problems with perfmon not
displaying system performance data. It seems to be due to some .dat
files being missing or corrupted.
After much searching and experimenting, I have found a fix.
Run a search for perf*.dat in the C:\I386 folder
Copy all perf*.dat files to the C:\Windows\system32 folder
Start Pefmon.msc. It will begin to display data immediately without a
- Prev by Date: Re: Out of Hard Drive space with more RAM installed
- Next by Date: Re: Loss of slave hard drive
- Previous by thread: Re: Unusaual type of freezing & sometimes difficulty in rebooting
- Next by thread: PC Locking Up