Re: The driver detected a controller error

What motherboard do you have? You might have a controller problem. Try and
see if there is a bios upgrade and chipset driver from the motherboard
manufacturer web site. Also look on plextors web site for firmware upgrade
for the dvd. If you can see if you can borrow a controller card and install
that and plug the dvd into it. See if it writes.
--
Please repost if you find the fault

Glen P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Bikini Browser" <bikini.browser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hey!

I have a Plextor dvdr px-708A

It reads a few CD's but most fail. The Amber LED Blinks 2 times pause
then 2 times then pause

It won't read ANY blank DVD's or CD's. I can't burn anything with it.

This happened before, on the two previous CD Drives's in the same machine
and I thought it was a problem with the CD's so I bought this Plextor.
It worked for about 3 months and now it is doiing the same thing as the
other 2 previous Drives. Of course I removed those 2.

The System Event viewer says:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom0.
Event ID 11

This event is coming up about every 30 seconds.

Remember, it does read SOME CD's but MOST FAIL.

Any ideas? What should I do?

Dale

.