Re: Back Up My Folders to removeable drive

What you want to do requires "packet writing software", which may have been
included with your CD/DVD burner. Otherwise, you'll have to purchase CD/DVD
burning software (Roxio, Nero, etc.)

However, you should know that packet writing software is not as reliable as
regular optical media burning software. I wouldn't burn anything valuable
with packet writing.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Bob" <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I am unable to simply copy and paste the folder "My Documents" from "C"
drive
> to a removeable drive. I want to do this for back up protection. Can you
> help?
> Thanks
> Bob

  • Re: Why cant I delete files on a CD-RW
    ... Alan Holmes wrote: ... > I have transferred several files to a CD-RW disc, ... You would need to install packet writing software to accomplish what you ... Nero, Roxio, and other third party burning software have packet writing ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Why cant I delete files on a CD-RW
    ... Alan Holmes wrote: ... > I have transferred several files to a CD-RW disc, ... You would need to install packet writing software to accomplish what you ... Nero, Roxio, and other third party burning software have packet writing ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Write protection copying to CD/R
    ... XP's built in cd burning software can't do that. ... that does packet writing in order to be able to copy and paste to the cd. ... > I was merely copying from one drive, and trying to paste to another, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Back Up My Folders to removeable drive
    ... Otherwise, you'll have to purchase CD/DVD burning software ... you should know that packet writing software is not as reliable as ... The only way I have found to copy the directory is to use a backup program or to select specific files and folders that Windows will allow you to copy using Explorer. ...
  • Re: CD RW Read Only