Re: Windows Explorer HUGE performance issues

Hi, Penny,
I am posting the following, with the thought in mind that you might have
spyware that scans have not found.
Somehow, somewhere, within the last week, my machine became infected with 3
spywares and 1 spy cookie. All this occurred in spite of the fact that I run
with daily updated Norton AntiVirus, ZoneAlarm Pro, Ad-Aware SE Personal,
SpywareBlaster, PestPatrol, Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor and CounterSpy.
Scans found nothing except CounterSpy, which found IST.IST (Browser
Hijacker), 007 Keylogger Spy 3.7 (Surveillance), Force 1.59 (Backdoor) and
Hotbar (Cookie). Ad-Aware found 18 negligible items and nothing else. I
have Windows XP Home Edition SP2 with all critical updates installed. I have
been to very few websites - all considered to be safe - and have downloaded
only one questionable software package, that being, Agent Ransack. I had
scanned the download with Norton AV, but I had not installed it. I use IE6,
which is patched with all available Microsoft patches, and I do not use any
IM or P2P software. Windows Messenger is held in check with ZoneAlarm Pro
configuration.

If my machine could get infected with all this shielding, perhaps your
machines have spyware that your scans have not detected. I highly recommend
that you try CounterSpy.
HTH

.