Re: Backing Up the System/System Restore

"~ FreeSpirit ~" <spammenot@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>==================================
>There is no information at this site about what to do when System Restore
>starts, runs for awhile, then tells you it's DID NOT/COULD NOT successfully
>restore the system. What do I do then?
>
>FS~

Did you try the "System restore fails" link in the left side column on
that page?

Here is a direct link to that page. Bert has moved his site to a new
host.

http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html
Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

  • Re: Backing Up the System/System Restore & SP2
    ... There is no information at this site about what to do when System Restore ... starts, runs for awhile, then tells you it's DID NOT/COULD NOT successfully ... In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP ...
  • Re: I messed up Tonys suggestions on speeding up my computer. Nee
    ... >I tried the last known configuration, ... Try the F8 trick again and this time choose Safe Mode from the Startup ... When the computer is running in Safe Mode use System Restore and ... In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP ...
  • Re: blue screen only
    ... >Can access everything but only with "task manager". ... Try using System Restore to return your system to the most recent ... restore point that is prior to the incident with the virus scan. ... In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP ...
  • Re: system restore initialization failed
    ... Bert is the real expert on System Restore, at least compared to me, ... and he usually hangs out in the microsoft.public.windowsxp.general ... newsgroup so if you posted your question there he would quite likely ... In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP ...
  • Re: Virus in system volumn restore file
    ... >My Bit Defender virus program has popped up a virus alert stating that ... I tried from the safe mode but it ... button in the System Restore section. ... In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)