Re: XP error issues

Disable automatic restart on system failure. This should help by
allowing time to write down the STOP code properly. Right click
on the My Computer icon on the Desktop and select Properties,
Advanced, StartUp and Recovery, System Failure and uncheck
box before Automatically Restart.

Do not re-enable automatic restart on system failure until you have
resolved the problem. Check for variants of the Stop Error message.

There will also be Error Reports in Event Viewer. Please post copies.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
Event Viewer. When researching the meaning of the error, information
regarding Event ID, Source and Description are important.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a
button resembling two pages. Double click the button and close Event
Viewer. Now start your message (email) and do a paste into the body of
the message. This will paste the info from the Event Viewer Error Report
complete with links into the message. Make sure this is the first paste
after exiting from Event Viewer.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England

Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WizardWatcher" <WizardWatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
My computer is running Windows XP Home. I can turn it on, it runs fine.
After about 2 hours it freezes and the "Blue Screen"shows up stating a
system
dump and windows has halted.

I restart the computer and it does not recognize the hard drive or won't
boot at all. All I get is a black screen with a flashing cursor. If I
leave
the computer for a couple hours, it will boot up with no problem, but then
with use, it does the same thing again.

I suspect OS damage, may need to refurbish the system, or there is a
hardware issue. I have returned it to the manufacturer, but they found
nothing wrong. Either they are blind or there is no problem.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated, as it is frustrating.

Thank-you

.