Re: To keep MS Windows messentger or not to keep?

Disable the Messenger Service first.

Disabling Messenger Service in Windows XP

Then remove the darn thing.

[[This is a Visual Basic Script file which will remove Windows® Messenger
from Windows® XP. It will also adjust your System Registry to prevent a long
delay when opening Outlook Express when Windows Messenger is removed or
disabled.]]
Remove Windows Messenger
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23c0LeGKFHHA.4768@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Craig <machocraig@xxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
I do not use MS Windows messenger at all.
I don't think I would ever use this at all in future.
I saw a small program to remove MS Windows messenger.
I am wondering whether I should remove it or not.
What is your suggestion? Craig

  • Re: Error
    ... Windows Xp Home Edition but I never install the SP1 and SP2. ... Messenger Service, it may indicate that your system is not secure. ...
  • Re: Error
    ... Messenger Service, it may indicate that your system is not secure. ... administrators to notify Windows users about their networks. ... Disabling Messenger Service in Windows XP ...
  • Re: Critical Errors after a pristine install of OS
    ... this program from my system at next install, i'll find other ways to chat ... I just hope that messenger won't be ... You do not have to update before turning on the Windows XP firewall.. ... Messenger Service, it may indicate that your system is not secure. ...
  • Re: windows mesenger service
    ... computer is up and running again, but I am receiving a windows messenger pop up saying windows found 47 critical errors on your computer log on to regfixup.com. ... ignoring or just "putting up with" the security gap represented by ... Messenger Service of Windows ...
  • Re: Critical Errors after a pristine install of OS
    ... the firewall is on by default. ... about messenger, i'm so spooked right now that i prefer to ... completely delete this program from my system at next install, ... You do not have to update before turning on the Windows XP ...