Re: To keep MS Windows messentger or not to keep?

Disable the Messenger Service first.

Disabling Messenger Service in Windows XP

Then remove the darn thing.

[[This is a Visual Basic Script file which will remove Windows® Messenger
from Windows® XP. It will also adjust your System Registry to prevent a long
delay when opening Outlook Express when Windows Messenger is removed or
disabled.]]
Remove Windows Messenger
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23c0LeGKFHHA.4768@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Craig <machocraig@xxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
I do not use MS Windows messenger at all.
I don't think I would ever use this at all in future.
I saw a small program to remove MS Windows messenger.
I am wondering whether I should remove it or not.
What is your suggestion? Craig

.