Re: Why can't I change the boot sequence? please help!

What is the make/model of the motherboard, some (such as Intel) require a
jumper change to configure the BIOS.

"PAULINEC" <PAULINEC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I need to reinstall Windows on my PC but in the Bios I am able to see the
boot sequence but for some reason I am unable to change it, it is not
highlighted as it usually is nor are any of the other options in the bios.
Please could somebody help as we are pretty much clueless now.
many thanks.

  • Re: Why cant I change the boot sequence? please help!
    ... Check to see if someone has use some sort of Administrator lock on the BIOS ... boot sequence but for some reason I am unable to change it, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Compaq Presario 1230 Laptop Accessing BIOS Setup
    ... look for one that has a Phoenix BIOS made around the same time as this 1230. ... I found one in my Fujitsu laptop. ... Of course I changed the boot sequence to CD drive first. ... Pressing F10 presents a screen that says, ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Mac - pelnoprawny czlonek mojego PC.
    ... Poniewaz Mac siedzial na swoim dysku, gdy chcialem bootowac inny OS - musialem wchodzic na BIOS i zmieniac boot sequence. ... Podlubalem - i teraz Mac jest pelnoprawnym czlonkiem mojego PC - z chwila gdy wlaczam PC pokazuje sie menu - moge wybrac Linux, WinXP lub Mac'a - no more BIOS and boot sequence! ...
    (soc.culture.polish)
  • Re: Problems with EDAC coexisting with BIOS
    ... It's too bad we (Intel) didn't catch this. ... BIOS folks where not in the loop with the driver folks making ... There is no reason to expect it ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Compaq Presario 1230 Laptop Accessing BIOS Setup
    ... look for one that has a Phoenix BIOS made around the same time as this 1230. ... I found one in my Fujitsu laptop. ... Of course I changed the boot sequence to CD drive first. ... Pressing F10 presents a screen that says, "Phoenix BIOS Setup Utility" ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)