Re: Downloaded Program Files folder is empty after download

Downloaded Program Files is where ActiveX objects are stored.
If "unknown program files" were downloaded without your knowledge of what program downloaded them or what the files are ... then you can use Search from Start > Search > For Files or Folders and do an Advanced search for files created on the date of the download.

How To Configure the Search Companion in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307980

Make sure you use the " With Classic Internet search "
Hopefully, you will be able to identify which program prompted the download.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2006]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

Jyeshta wrote:

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:09:02 -0700, Dave A