RE: White box with red X

For starters he can clean up his system. Open IE (Internet Explorer)
and click Tools>Internet Options>click Delete Cookies and Delete Files,
including offline content. Doing a Google search for this problem gave
me more than 10 pages of hits. Here are a few of them:
Red X image displayed where the applet should be, applets won't run - 1.4.2_xx
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/redximage.xml

Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer (Red X)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

Red X
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm
--
XP - WNP
Today is the first day of the

"vacaralph" wrote:

My son is signing up for an internet game. We can't view some important
pages/forms. For example, to change his password a screen with a small white
box in the upper left corner with a red X in it is all I get. Is there
something that can remedy this???

  • RE: White box with red X
    ... and click Tools>Internet Options>click Delete Cookies and Delete Files, ... including offline content. ... Doing a Google search for this problem gave ... Red X image displayed where the applet should be, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Link in event viewer shows nothing in Help and Support Center
    ... Both Internet Explorer and Outlook Express have Work Offline options ... Quick Launch tray then Internet Explorer opens Online. ... related to whether there is an established live internet connection. ...
  • Re: Link in event viewer shows nothing in Help and Support Center
    ... It is my understanding that Internet Explorer and Outlook Express do ... Thus if both are offline and you change Outlook Express ... connection for perhaps five or ten minutes. ...
  • RE: reestablish homepage for help on Visual sourceSafe (Contd)
    ... > Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. ... > For information about offline browsing with Internet Explorer, ... > Recently I downloaded the SP6 for VSS, and when I extracted the files ... I tried taking the extracted chm file and overwrote the ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.sourcesafe)