RE: Downloading problems

I really thought that was going to work - it didn't though! There was some
changes, the use passive FTP wasn't checked, and the 1st enable.

Thanks for helping me.

"Unrepper" wrote:

> Open Internet Explorer click on tools at the top and select internet options,
> select advanced and scroll down to Use passive FTP and make sure there's a
> check mark there. Click apply if you had to mark it. Select Security at the
> top highlight internet and click on Custom Level, scroll down to Downloads
> the settings should be Enable, Enable and Prompt. Scroll down to Installation
> of Destop Items and select Prompt or Enable. Click OK then Apply the OK.
> Close IE and Reboot and try again.
> Keep posting And I'll Keep trying
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "Lisa" wrote:
>
> > My problem is that every time I try to download (specifically Turbo Lister
> > from the eBay site) the download begins, then after about 5 minutes I get a
> > message to say
> >
> > 'Internet Explorer cannot download setupUK.exe from download.ebay.com.
> > Internet explorer was not able to open this internet site. The request is
> > either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.'
> >
> > I am using Windows XP, broadband, the XP firewall (only) and Avast. I've
> > tried downloading with the firewall and avast turned off.
> >
> > I'm not very computer literate so any help in simple terms would be very
> > much appreciated.

  • Re: trend-micro
    ... Is it safe for you to uninstall Trend Micro and install the Antivirus ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to a ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
  • Re: Spyware
    ... > Internet trying to load games, ... Microsoft has these suggestions for Protecting your computer from the ... keep it clean,secure and running at its top performance mark. ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: dialer pops up..help!!
    ... If I download spyware blaster, will that solve my current dilema? ... Sure do appreciate your help and advice. ... >> I have xp pro on my computer and high speed cable internet, ...
  • Re: Adware/Spyware
    ... You should also empty your Internet Explorer Temporary Internet ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... are pay - some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
  • Re: computer virus usegroups
    ... New Virus Stealing Information from Computer Users ... You can infect ... attempt to download from a Russian website. ... Internet Explorer to protect users of its Internet Explorer browsers ...
    (sci.med.diseases.lyme)