Re: System restore question

Hi

The system could still be infected - depending on where the virus installed
itself on the hard disk/partition. It could also be dependent on which
particular trojan infected the system.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Nocturnal" <nocturnal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> If someone downloads and runs a trojan and then uses system restore to
> back to a system restore point prior to running the virus, is that
> computer still infected?
>
> --
> Nocturnal
>
> http://www.spywaretalk.org

  • Re: System restore question
    ... Personally I suggest that you disable System Restore, ... The trojan you are referring ... >> The system could still be infected - depending on where the virus ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: GONE! Trojan Horse Downloader.agent.2.BK
    ... I think the trojan is gone! ... disabled system restore according to the instructions, ... Lo and behold, AVG ... >updated antivirus, in safe mode if you want, you ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Torjan and Virus
    ... But how do I know if its in that one folder? ... So If I do a disk cleanup on system restore, will it just get rid of that ... > A trojan is a specific type of virus - a program that pretends to be ... If you want to speed up this process use Disk Cleanup on the ...
  • Re: MT CHAT - Anyone know what happened?
    ... | It's a trojan bot that's been around on a number of websites - I ... Before the computer went completely down, Ad-Aware said at ... least part of the trojan was in the system restore files, ... which enables me to run IE "natively" in Firefox. ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: Problem with winlohonhook trojan!!
    ... I had aproblem with this trojan winlogonhook on my computer. ... I have the windows XP home eddition instaled on my comp. ... getting reinfested because you failed to flush System Restore. ... We need to know _where_ your antimalware product finds the malware, ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)