Re: Refreshing Windows XP (Home)

No. If your system is running fine, leave it be.

Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jim" wrote:

| Is it advisable to perform a comprehensive backup, wipe my hard drive clean
| and then re-install Windows XP Home Edition?
|
| I upgraded my computer from Windows 98SE to Windows XP Home Edition with
| SP-2. Everything seems to be running okay, but I know with 98SE it was
| advisable to periodically perform a comprehensive backup, wipe the hard drive
| slick, and then re-install the OS.
|
| Does the same thing apply to Windows XP Home Edition? I've never seen this
| addressed.
|
| Thank you.

  • Re: WINXP+SP2 RUNS TOO SLOW
    ... 512MB of RAM or more is a decent Windows XP machine. ... clean and secure your Windows computer.. ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
  • Re: recommended anti-spyware progs?
    ... Tip 9 for AntiVirus.. ... Locate all of the software (the installation media - CDs, ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Instant Messenger
    ... Locate all of the software (the installation media - CDs, ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Enum1394.sys? I am close to waterboarding my computer....
    ... Well I have an older computer that has Windows XP Home Edition. ... In any case I don't have a XP disk as it was pre-loaded into my system when i bought it. ... folder by the name of Driver Cache. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: cant disable lycos side search, please help
    ... Locate all of the software (the installation media - CDs, ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... use the backup tool that comes with Windows XP: ...