Re: No "Administrator" in start up - how to reinstate?

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (dknox_at_mvps.org)
Date: 07/28/04

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:23:04 -0400

For XP Home, boot the computer into Safe Mode, the built in Administrator account will be on the Welcome Screen.

For XP Pro: Press CTRL-ALT-DEL twice at the Welcome Screen, with no users logged on and enter Administrator, and any password that you may have set on this account during setup.

To enable the Administrator account on the new Windows XP logon screen, visit my web site, www.dougknox.com and go to the Windows XP section. Follow the link for Enable Administrator Account ...... This if for XP Pro only!

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.