Re: No "Administrator" in start up - how to reinstate?

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (dknox_at_mvps.org)
Date: 07/28/04

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:23:04 -0400

For XP Home, boot the computer into Safe Mode, the built in Administrator account will be on the Welcome Screen.

For XP Pro: Press CTRL-ALT-DEL twice at the Welcome Screen, with no users logged on and enter Administrator, and any password that you may have set on this account during setup.

To enable the Administrator account on the new Windows XP logon screen, visit my web site, www.dougknox.com and go to the Windows XP section. Follow the link for Enable Administrator Account ...... This if for XP Pro only!

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Chris" <bbchris@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:52a901c47401$9b40c8c0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>I hope someone can help.  My computer is sending out
> viruses and I keep getting told to clean it up...
>
> I'm in tears here.  I hope someone can help me!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: temporary internet files
    ... In XP Pro, at the Welcome Screen, with no users logged on, press CTRL-ALT-DEL twice. ... Enter Administrator and enter any password that you might have set for this account. ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Question on create "administrator" password
    ... The should be the password you want set on the Administrator account. ... I've tried the command on both XP Pro and XP Home and it works fine. ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Help - 2 Admin accounts - want only one
    ... > administrator account becomes corrupt for some reason. ... > Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Automatically logging in to a user account
    ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ... > startup, and it does so even if there is more than one administrator account, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: lost administrative controls, please help
    ... For XP Pro, press CTRL-ALT-DEL twice at the Welcome Screen, with no user's logged on. ... you'll need to boot the computer to Safe Mode to access the built in Administrator account. ... MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...