Access Denied, XP Pro, SP2, Peer to Peer LAN

Hi
Running Win XP pro SP2 on 4 machines,,, peer to peer LAN (workgroup)
My problem is, I can not connect to any of the shared folders I’ve created
on one of the machines from any of the other machines. Each machine can open
any of the default Shared Doc folders for each of the users of all the
machines. The machine that will not grant permission to view (open) any of
its folders I have shared on the network can view (open) all the shared
folders on all of the other machines.
I first noticed the problem after installing a second license of QBooks on
one of the machines. When trying to point QB’s to the company files on the
host machine I’d get this,,,,
””” \\ blah blah\shared folder name is not accessible. You might not have
permission to use this network resource. Contact the admin of this server to
find out if you have access permissions…. Access is denied””””

Also,,, not sure if this has anything to do with it, but,,, the machine with
the second seat of QB, in the My Network Places folder is listing all the
shared folders not on that machine as located on The Internet and not on the
Local Network as it should,,,,,,,, Man am I confused!!!!!!!

Ray

  • Re: Possible to share same OE files on two Networked PCs?
    ... The dbx files can not be shared on the network without hacking Registries ... >> You are not using a common store folder for all 3 machines though, Burt, ... >>>>> Is it possible to share the folders, etc, for Outlook ...
  • Re: Win XP does not allow me to communicate in a WorkGroup across desk
    ... I see the Workgroup icon on My Network Places, ... up to read folders on the other computers. ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ...
  • Re: folders denied access
    ... On both machines we are able to see all ... the folders on the other machine which are set to share. ... the sharing and permission settings we can find to ?allow anyone to do ... to use this network resource. ...
  • Re: File and folder permissions in Worgroup networking
    ... machines of concern are both running XP Pro. ... files and folders that I want others in the network to be locked out of, ... I also want to continue the ability to share other files, folders, and ...
  • Re: cant access shared folders
    ... We used the Linksys "easylink connect" to set up the network. ... On both machines we are able to see all the folders on the other machine which are set to share. ... We have also set all the sharing and permission settings we can find to "allow anyone to do anything". ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)