Re: Continual disconnections

On Feb 24, 10:11 am, gruntasm...@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Feb 24, 7:41 am, Marbles <Marb...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

" Mate if you have the time we can set up the remote assistance function."

You betcha at the moment I have lots of time. First call your ISP and get
the information.

1) What is there primary & secondary DNS ip numbers ?
2) What is there Default Gateway IP number ?
3) What is your subnet mask suppose to be ?

Then post a message and we can figure out the best time for you to set up
remote assistance and i will certainely fix the computer. In the mean time I
will put a list together of things to fix for your computer..like the dhcp
thing...tightening windows xp security and some other tips and tricks i can
show you...its best to have lots of time when your ready to set up remote
assistance

Cheers !

OK mate the info you asked for is...
Primary DNS IP 122.129.0.2
Secondary DNS IP 122.129.0.3
Default Gateway 10.49.131.193
Subnet Mask 10.49.131.192

I have about two hours this morning ,from now, or we can do it when it
suits you. Where are you ? The States or Britain.

I'm in a live tournament this arvo so can't do it then.- Hide quoted text -

Restored the tcp/ip networking functions and tried "OneCare" and
"Housecall" with no success.

I am using Norton's Security and Anti Virus.

Will be back in five hours (or sooner if I get knocked out).

  • Modify network configuration
    ... I'm wrtiting an EVC++ program that must modify network settings as ip ... address, subnet mask, Gateway, Primary DNS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: TCPIP Profile (GATEWAY vs BEGIN/ENDROUTES)
    ... GATEWAY is the old, old way of doing it, the understanding of which was some ... Thus the network is 10, ... says and 1500 is good for one of the Ethernet flavours, Subnet Mask is ... TCPIP Profile ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Pen testing a VOIP gateway
    ... There are many things to test on a VOIP gateway indeed. ... for the pentest (ie. known vulnerabilities & configuration / ... working for Sys Security Group and At Stake at that time. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: connecting a device that supports IP address, but not subnet mask or gateway to a network with m
    ... default gateway. ... Cisco network without an option to configure a subnet mask and default ... tested on) under interface configuration mode. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: W2k to W98 nnetwork not working
    ... Notice that there is no default gateway for the Win2K machine. ... TCPIP configuration for this network adapter. ... If you simply get the gateway addresses for both systems and subnet mask on ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)