Re: Firewall Blocks ICS on my ICS Dialup Network

In article <uhImruzpGHA.4116@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "JB"
<highlinez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a windows xp pro system fas host connected to a win ME system via
crossover ethernet cable.

ICS works when I disable the firewall in eTrust and use only the firewall
integral with XP but I can't get it to work when the eTrust firewall is up.

The lan, dialup connection and client computer name are all designated to
be in trusted zones in the eTrust firewall.

Is there a way to make the firewall allow ICS?

Thank you.

Mike

I think you can find the answer at this eTrust support site:

http://www.my-etrust.com/Support/TechSupport.aspx

Type "ICS" in the "Enter Your Keyword Here" box, or use one of the
"Contact Technical Support" options below that.

If you find the answer, please let us know what it is.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

  • Re: etrust EZ Armor
    ... On my Win 98SE machine, I tried the eTrust trial version for a month, then went ... out and bought the real thing, eTrust Internet Security, at Staples for a low ... The Firewall subscription expired on the trial version 2 days ... from there to get into Windows because the boot process doesn't complete if the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Security
    ... >>but I haven't seen any references to eTrust EZ Firewall. ... As the saying goes "absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence", ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: "Windows Running in Audit Mode" : Finding by Symantec Automated Assistant
    ... EZArmor is a combined AV application (eTrust from Computer Associates) and ... firewall (rebadged ZoneAlarm from Zone Labs). ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Firewall appears to block Flash Web sites
    ... reset to medium which will allow flash animations to work ... also if using SP2 you may have the Shockwave plugin disabled. ... I use eTrust EZ firewall and found that I could manually turn off some ...
  • Re: Host of networking problems ...
    ... And I know that you say you have disabled firewalls on both computers, ... The nVidia nForce is a hardware firewall on the NIC or motherboard! ... how do I even know if ICS ...