Re: Firewall Blocks ICS on my ICS Dialup Network
- From: "Steve Winograd [MVP]" <bcmaven@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:45:30 -0600
In article <uhImruzpGHA.4116@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "JB"
I have a windows xp pro system fas host connected to a win ME system via
crossover ethernet cable.
ICS works when I disable the firewall in eTrust and use only the firewall
integral with XP but I can't get it to work when the eTrust firewall is up.
The lan, dialup connection and client computer name are all designated to
be in trusted zones in the eTrust firewall.
Is there a way to make the firewall allow ICS?
I think you can find the answer at this eTrust support site:
Type "ICS" in the "Enter Your Keyword Here" box, or use one of the
"Contact Technical Support" options below that.
If you find the answer, please let us know what it is.
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Networking)
Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group
for everyone to see. I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions
addressed directly to me in E-mail or news groups.
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Program
- Prev by Date: Re: Bridge between network connections
- Next by Date: Re: XP Pro hangs with 4 users
- Previous by thread: Firewall Blocks ICS on my ICS Dialup Network
- Next by thread: Re: Firewall Blocks ICS on my ICS Dialup Network