Re: Advice on running 2 networks

You either need 2 routers or a router that supports two Internet
connections. You cannot run ICS on two different machines on the same
network.

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

"gadya" <gadya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I plan to have 2 WinXP PCs, each with an Internet connection to a
different
> ISP (for critical applications) . Will use ICS and ICF on each.
>
> I would like to be able to network directly between them for high speed
file
> sharing etc in addition to being able to communicate between them over the
> internet.
>
> I thought of installing a second NIC on each and enabling IP routing on
the
> secondary NICs. Or perhaps connecting the secondary NICs by a 2 port
ethernet
> router.
>
> What would be the recommended solution?
> Any suggestions?
> --
> Victor

  • Re: Unable to obtain a server- assigned IP address Try again later or enter an IP address in Net
    ... I can go to Control Panel - Network and Internet Connections - ... If yours is not a subset of your router, ... I have a LINKSYS router (4 port connection) - I have my cable modem ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: Boot-up question on SBS2K3
    ... > The router separates you from the Internet. ... > network. ... >>>> 2 Nics, broadband cable modem connected into the external NIC, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Small network with lots of features, questions
    ... Your network sounds overly complicated to me. ... to get to the internet. ... To do that, without using your server as a router, you need ...
  • Re: Need help closing security holes in my Windows XP home system!
    ... >>new portals of access to internet hackers, ... My router came with a default MAC address printed on the bottom. ... > your unique hardware as in your segment of the network - no other device ... > Apply ALL MS Office Updates ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Open access point for clients
    ... Boss wants clients to have access to internet ... If you knew enough to get the network setup like it is already then you ought to know how to do this. ... If you can't get a second ip then connect one router to your isp and then connect wan ports of two additional routers to lan side of ISP connected router. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)