Re: FTP 530 Login Incorrect
- From: "Philip Ashley" <philip.ashleyRE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 06:05:16 GMT
this works for me
ftp -s:example.txt ftphostname
and the contents of example.txt
username password ascii cd /destdir send test.txt quit
i think just leave out 'user' line from yours
"Chip Anderson" <ChipAnderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0624D87E-1B4C-41C7-81CF-03E8AE4F0950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am attempting to ftp some files from a Windows XP SP2 client to a Sun OS
5.6 server by calling an ftp script from a command shell batch file. I have
done this before successfully, but do not seem to be able to do so now. The
host is defined in my local hosts file and I do not have any trouble
connecting and using commands from the ftp prompt. I have tried several
variations of the following (first the calling batch file line, then the
ftp -s:example.ftp host
user username password cd /unixdestdir ascii send example.txt quit
I invariably get
331 Password required for username. 530 Login incorrect.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or what other impediments might exist?
- Prev by Date: Re: Can I do this??
- Next by Date: Re: Network stops after time
- Previous by thread: Re: OH OH Need Help with XP Problem - Firefox
- Next by thread: Unable to share or connect to a shared printer