Re: Windows XP SP2 will not contact domain controller

192.168.1.2 is a hardware router that is responsible for DNS. Clients
should be using this for name resolution

  • ADMT & DNS update
    ... the ADMT agent) name resolution shuld be set up between the target and ... I set up the zone for non-secure updates?). ... As the legacy clients does ... not support dinamic update in DNS, I think that installing a Windows ...
  • Re: Should I be able to browse using network neighborhood?
    ... 5.point PDC and DC to themselves as WINS servers ... are also WINS clients on their NIC IP properties. ... which is likely an Authentication problem which is itself likely a DNS ... Notice that "browsing" is NOT name resolution, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: NAT connection
    ... > on its own via is own DNS settings. ... clients, to the internal DNS and configure forwarding on that to your ISP's. ... Resolution will be handled by your internal DNS that your AD structure uses ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Name Resolution oddity...or not?
    ... when bringing the new DC/DNS server online. ... Brought online a new DC, installed DNS, removed DNS from old DC ... Short hostname resolution is a function of WINS, NetBIOS, or have the proper ... If all clients are not getting host name resolution check the DNS suffix ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Hosts File Entries
    ... > I have SBS 2003 - all OK Resolution all spot on for clients on local ... > I have clients access the SBS over a VPN link. ... > There are no DNS servers on the remote subnets. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)