Re: wireless and wired in same network

> ipconfig /all:
> IP address. . . . . : 192.168.0.20
> Subnet Mask. . . .:255.255.2555.0
> IP address. . . . . :fe80::20d:3aff:fe26:fef9%5
> Defualt Gateway . . . . 192.168.0.1
> DHCP Server. . . . . . . 192.168.0.1
> DNS Servers. . . . . . . 192.168.0.1

> "Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms ttl=128
> ping statistices for 127.0.0.1:
> packets: sent=4, received=4,lost=0<0% loss>
>
> The same results with 192.168.0.20 as above.
>
> However, the results with 192.168.0.1 and 66.249.87.104 are the same, but
> no
> reply;
> "request timed out" repeated four times
> packet: sent=4, received=0, lost=4 <100%>
>
> Results with www.google.com
> "It says that ping request could not find host www.google.com.
> Please check the nand and try again."

OK, so here's the core of the problem.

The wireless card has associated with the Access Point.
DHCP has worked, because you have picked up a valid lease.

You can ping your own IP address 192.168.0.20.

However, pings to the router ( 192.168.0.1 ) time out.
Pings to anything beyond the router time out too.
And hence name also resolution fails, because DNS servers are unreachable.

There is no connectivity beyond this machine.
Other clients can use the Access Point without problem.

At this point, I don't really know what the problem is.

It the IP address of 192.168.0.20 definately assigned to the wireless
adapter, not the wired one?
Is the wired cable un-plugged when you did these tests?

Just to be sure of something, can you copy-and-paste the output of the
command 'route print' into a reply?
In the command prompt window, enter the command 'route print'.
Expand the window as necessary to see it all.
Right-click in the window, and select 'Mark'.
Click and Drag the mouse over all the text till it all goes white.
Then hit 'Enter'.

Click the mouse in the reply window, and press Ctrl-V to paste it in.

--
Best Regards
Ron Lowe

  • install new nic card RH Enterprise 3
    ... I can ping by ip address but can't ping by name ... okay(window says firewall is disabled) and exit the window everything ... command and type okay again. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Pipe to cmd from excel and back
    ... On your coworker's system, if he runs ping from a command prompt and opts to direct output to a new text file, where does the text file appear? ... The %comspec% is an variable that represents the command interpreter for the system. ... I get a cant find path at Set objTextFile = fso.OpenTextFile(myTempName, ... > error output) but the Run method gives more control over the console> window. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Ping and ipconfig doesnt work in XP Home
    ... command and ipconfig worked perfectly in the command window. ... the commmand window and reopened it again later to type the ping and ipconfig ... >>try to open a large folder Windows Explorer or PhotoShop hangs and Task ...
  • Re: wireless and wired in same network
    ... When I did ping test earlier, ... Here is a copy of route print out. ... > In the command prompt window, ...
  • Re: Help with simple batch file
    ... and title is a command. ... "ping", AFAIK, doesn't return an error code. ... You might want to "exit" after this to close the command window. ... echo Anti-Virus Server Check ...