Re: Multiple home networks

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:08:00 -0700, heinecken
<heinecken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hello -- I'd like to know if its possible to have multiple 'home' networks
>configured ona single machine. I'd have one at home that works great and I'd
>like to set up another at my small office and be able to connect my laptop to
>either. If I just give it another name, will the software automatically
>figure out who I;m connected to and give me the appropriate network
>locations??

Try out these multiple configuration managers.

Mobile Net Switch
http://www.mobilenetswitch.com

MultiNetwork Manager
http://www.globesoft.com/mnm_home.html

NetSwitcher
http://www.netswitcher.com

--
Cheers,
Chuck

  • Multiple home networks
    ... Hello -- I'd like to know if its possible to have multiple 'home' networks ... configured ona single machine. ...
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Info Request: Looking for alternatives in HA/Load balancing firewallsthat are also
    ... you have a need for multiple T-1 lines? ... couple of these networks or are you talking about dozens of these ... a lot of peaks it's reasonable to say that your peak traffic is 2-3x that value. ... Even with that you should keep in mind that Internet use imposes a latency overhead, so you shouldn't let people get worked up about small latencies within your network or your firewalls. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Golden Oak - Day 2 of 6
    ... to program entertainment, lighting or security ... switched wired networks were capable of handling multiple HD video streams. ... Most wifi systems couldn't reliably handle one HD stream. ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)
  • Re: [opensuse] Multiple Network Card Problem on openSUSE 10.3
    ... I have configured multiple interfaces on the same ... I commonly do this on my laptop where I have to plug into different networks ... multiple IP's for the same interface (all on different subnets) helps to ... multiple host names with dns entries pointing to the same IP address, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Info Request: Looking for alternatives in HA/Load balancing firewallsthat are also
    ... are you talking an Internet connection where you have a need for multiple T-1 lines? ... or are you talking local networks where you have 100Mb ethernet? ... are you talking just a couple of these networks or are you talking about dozens of these networks? ... as others noted load balanceing is seldom needed for technical reasons, and it's impossible to answer anything about scalability without knowing what sort of scale you are talking about. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)