Printer Share Security Issue

From: RITMISProf (RITMISProf_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/23/04

Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:27:02 -0700

The Problem: Linksys Router connects two systems: (1) a laptop named
<MYLaptop> that belongs to a domain named TheWorkHouse; (2) a workstation
named <Homer> that has a printer named <Homers_Printer> attached to it.
<Homer> belongs to its own domain named MSHOME. Both systems run Windows XP
Professional.

Homers_Printer is SHARED. Whenever I attempt to install Homers_Printer on
MYLaptop , I click on <Add Printer> in the <Printers and Faxes> window on
MYLaptop and the Add Printer Wizard window shows Homer and Homers_Printer.
Yet when Homers_Printer is selected the phrase "Error: Access Denied."
appears under Printer Information and if an attempt is made to add the
printer, a dialog box appears with the User Name I used on Homer to share the
printer in faint print and the password box open. I enter my Homer password
and the message comes back: "The credentials supplied are not sufficient to
access this printer. Do you want to supply new credentials? Yes No"

How can I gain access to Homers_Printer from MyLaptop?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Window Location(s)
    ... This is all fine and dandy if there's only 1 monitor. ... "Homer J." ... but you can specify the position of the popup ... window as being relative to the where the click caused the window to popup. ...
  • Re: windows object identity
    ... window object identity in a hidden input widget, ... window (at least the Window object we are working with; ... break from the guru fight. ... Homer: Thou shalt send me *two*, ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: A question for the peanut gallery
    ... reasons. ... I suppose there's no chance they could ever be ranked with ... Homer either. ... How long is the window of opportunity? ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)