Network Connections with Domain Login and Non-Domain login PC's

From: Tim (tim_at_dynamic-innovations.net)
Date: 06/16/04

Date: 16 Jun 2004 15:23:02 -0700

This is hard to explain but please bear with me as this problem has
gotten to be quite an annoyance.

I have 2 pcs. 1 (laptop) I use for work and one home desktop pc.
When I bring my laptop home and connect it to the network, I am unable
to see or connect TO other pc's on the network. I can, however,
connect to my laptop FROM other pc's on the network.

The reason for this is because the PC's on my home network are all
setup to logon locally to the machines. My laptop, however, is set to
"Log on to" (at the Windows login screen) my companies domain name,
not the local pc itself.

Is there anyway I can allow my laptop to access the pc's on my home
network?

I hope this made sense, more importantly, I hope someone can offer
some advice.
Thanks.

-Tim

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Wireless security
    ... I'll be trying to find a firmware upgrade for the ... >>laptop since it is built in. ... >>who spot a mean looking grizzly bear heading their way. ... Absolutely, and if you saw my other post, my home network is very likely ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Wireless security
    ... I'll be trying to find a firmware upgrade for the ... >>laptop since it is built in. ... >>who spot a mean looking grizzly bear heading their way. ... Absolutely, and if you saw my other post, my home network is very likely ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: One Users My Documents no longer redirected.
    ... even connect to the network at all because it's a PITA. ... So I would think that a wireless 54 mbps connection would be ... one laptop, and try it for a day or two to see what happens. ... active directory OU as the other users whose redirection works? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Problem with XP Pro and Home in same Network
    ... the network can be accessed successfully from within My Network Places. ... the laptop is the mb, the laptop can access the network from within My ... Network Places, but the desktops cannot. ... wireless computer never be a server, and certainly not a browser. ...
  • RE: The VA Stolen Laptop - Lessons Learned
    ... disabled reaches the laptop? ... make a lot more sense when data is housed on the "work" network and NTFS ... Encrypt it with whatever you like... ... the machine or the user couldn't get to their profile off the network. ...
    (Security-Basics)