Re: joining the domain

From: Kyle Lang [MSFT] (a-kylel_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/14/04

Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 17:21:41 -0400

Delete the computer account then added it back, this will reset the computer
account password.

--
Kyle Lang [MSFT]
This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"brucek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got problems with an XP from ME upgrade.  Once I
> upgraded, I couldn't access resources on the domain.  No
> problem, I'll just re-join the domain.  when I try, I keep
> getting an event ID 4 error message that says "The kerberos
> client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server
> win2kSERVER$.  This indicates that the password used to
> encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that
> on the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically
> named  machine accounts in the target realm (mydomain.COM),
> and the client realm.   Please contact your system
> administrator."  There isn't a identically named machine
> account in the domain.  When I'm joining the domain, I get
> the error message "logon failure: The target account name
> is incorrect."  Anyone else experience this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce

Relevant Pages

  • Re: System Account Password
    ... Subject: System Account Password ... the period that the DC changes the computer account., ... Disable Automatic Machine Account Password Changes) to totally disable ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: System Account Password
    ... Subject: System Account Password ... We got the same error message when one of our users was ... remote dial-up ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: WoW CD Key Extraction
    ... So I called Blizzard EU today and they ... give me the "secret question" answer over the phone because when i set ... never forget my account password and i didn't want it to be a security ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Account hacked using Blizzards Password Reset Utility
    ... To change your e-mail, the hacker has found out your WoW account login name, your WoW ... They did not get it from Blizzard. ... There is a new rash of trojans, that target WoW specifically, that so far a majority ... and there isn't anyway I would have shared my account password. ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: Virgin Media mess up in another way !
    ... The 'account password' idea was allegedly to simplify communication with ... VM staff and REDUCE the number of stupid questions they ask before they'll ... In the case of the first call last Thurdday, the caller said they were in Manila ... me for money I didn't owe them where they wanted to be sure I was the account ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)