Re: "Could not open page" error in Internet Explorer after removing spyware

From: Chuck (none_at_example.net)
Date: 03/24/04

Date: 24 Mar 2004 14:57:06 -0600

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:54:53 -0800, "Benjamin Aker"

>Hi!
>
>The other day, I discovered a spyware on my computer,
>Incredifind.com. Using the tool posted on their site, I
>removed the offensive program, only to discover that my
>Internet Explorer no longer is able to browse the internet.
>
>A friend mailed me the install files for an other browser
>(Opera), which works fine, so I know there's nothing wrong
>with my [ADSL] connection.
>
>I've looked everywhere for fixes, several MS Knowledgebase
>articles are close, but they don't remedy my problem.
>
>Any suggestions, apart from reinstalling?
>
>Please help as fast as you can....

LSP-Fix from <http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm> might help.

Cheers,
Chuck

  • Re: "Could not open page" error in Internet Explorer after removing spyware
    ... only to discover that my ... > Internet Explorer no longer is able to browse the internet. ... Ad-Aware 6.0 - for removing spyware ... try a system restore and run anti-spyware and ...
  • "Could not open page" error in Internet Explorer after removing spyware
    ... The other day, I discovered a spyware on my computer, ... removed the offensive program, only to discover that my ... Internet Explorer no longer is able to browse the internet. ...
  • Re: greek characters buffer overflow, AGAIN!
    ... >> Today I discover this: ... >> and yes, Internet explorer, exited by itself. ... Very strange. ... >> I uploaded here a sample html, ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • greek characters buffer overflow, AGAIN!
    ... One year ago I discovered a buffer overflow in the address bar of IE 5.0 using greek characters, ... Today I discover this: ... and yes, Internet explorer, exited by itself. ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: AntiSpyware alone sufficient
    ... > whether you had spyware running by going to the RUN facility. ... You must Scan your system for Spyware/Adware/Malware to discover and rid ... As for you broadband speed - perhaps if you knew of an FTP site, ... discover your actual broadband speed from the command line FTP command and ...