"Could not open page" error in Internet Explorer after removing spyware

From: Benjamin Aker (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/24/04

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:54:53 -0800

Hi!

The other day, I discovered a spyware on my computer,
Incredifind.com. Using the tool posted on their site, I
removed the offensive program, only to discover that my
Internet Explorer no longer is able to browse the internet.

A friend mailed me the install files for an other browser
(Opera), which works fine, so I know there's nothing wrong
with my [ADSL] connection.

I've looked everywhere for fixes, several MS Knowledgebase
articles are close, but they don't remedy my problem.

Any suggestions, apart from reinstalling?

Please help as fast as you can....

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Could not open page" error in Internet Explorer after removing spyware
    ... only to discover that my ... > Internet Explorer no longer is able to browse the internet. ... Ad-Aware 6.0 - for removing spyware ... try a system restore and run anti-spyware and ...
  • Re: "Could not open page" error in Internet Explorer after removing spyware
    ... >The other day, I discovered a spyware on my computer, ... >removed the offensive program, only to discover that my ... >Internet Explorer no longer is able to browse the internet. ...
  • Re: greek characters buffer overflow, AGAIN!
    ... >> Today I discover this: ... >> and yes, Internet explorer, exited by itself. ... Very strange. ... >> I uploaded here a sample html, ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • greek characters buffer overflow, AGAIN!
    ... One year ago I discovered a buffer overflow in the address bar of IE 5.0 using greek characters, ... Today I discover this: ... and yes, Internet explorer, exited by itself. ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: AntiSpyware alone sufficient
    ... > whether you had spyware running by going to the RUN facility. ... You must Scan your system for Spyware/Adware/Malware to discover and rid ... As for you broadband speed - perhaps if you knew of an FTP site, ... discover your actual broadband speed from the command line FTP command and ...