Won't Capture Anything other than 320x240

I am using a CTX MD001 capture device in "composite" mode recording from a
VCR into my PC: 3.3GHz, 1gig RAM, Geforce 6600 256mg AGP, 380gig HD space,
etc.

I'm importing music videos right now and would like to bring them in
finished, under 100megs and 640x580 but I get these errors:
1. "The video Device is currently in use. Close anyother application that is
using the device and try again."
2. "Unspecified Error."

I'm new to video editing and need to know if there is some kind of limit, do
I need some new codecs or am I doing something wrong? It will do 320x240
though.

--
Aloha, MC

  • Re: 0xC00D11D1: Cannot play the file
    ... with the sound or video device, such as a sound or video card." ... There is a problem with the sound or video device ... card and/or video card try the following. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Problem with Windows Media Player
    ... with the sound or video device, such as a sound or video card." ... There is a problem with the sound or video device ... card and/or video card try the following. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Encoder 9 not applying video device Properties
    ... Media Encoder 9 will not keep any Video Properties I set: ... After launching WinMediaEncoder and initializing a video device, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder)
  • Re: Hdl code generation error
    ... see the reference to TVP5146 digital video decoder. ... And do you mean there is no Simulink blocks to connect with the camera on the embedded device to receive real time? ... Getting to HDL with video is indeed non-trivial. ... then your HW frame grabber "becomes" the From Video Device. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • RE: Windows Movie Maker 2 and MCE 2005?
    ... I've also got a Qosmio and am trying to capture video from ... I unplug the firewire cable and click "Capture from video device". ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)