Re: Problems capturing video

From: aschocker (aschocker_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/11/05

Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:33:05 -0800

I have a JVC GR-D72 camera with the same problem. The factory installed
(VIA)USB/1394 hubs (front & back) will only operate camera but not capture.
I installed a Texas Instruments firewire card, works with no problems,
although I would still like to get the factory installed hubs to work. Have
you found any solutions?

"monteman" wrote:

> Ben thanks for the reply. I downloaded this update, but it still did not
> solve the problem. However let me add this. I have been able to get the
> computer to capture video in a strange way. If I start movie maker and try to
> capture video nothing happens, however during this if i pull out the firewire
> cable and put it back in it redects the camera the preview window starts to
> work and it captures video fine. Its a workable solution, but also a pain in
> the neck. I still would like it to work the proper way. (And Yes, I have
> tried 2 different firewire cards)
>
> "Ben" wrote:
>

> > Have you try this "After you install Windows XP Service Pack 2, some 1394
> > devices (such as digital cameras that use S400 speed) may not perform as
> > expected..."
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5c076e4c-aec8-434d-9849-e668a50e6e81&DisplayLang=en
> >
> > Please post if you get it work
> >
> > Ben
> >

> > "monteman" <monteman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have already tried this. It didn't solve the problem. THe funny thing is
> > > that will work on any other computer. This is a brand new dell dimension
> > 3000
> > > and it will not work.
> > >
> > > Brian

> > the

> > am
> > software, it
> > the video
> > show
> > at
> > video
> > device
> > works

Relevant Pages

  • capture analogue video using NVIDIA graphics card
    ... According to the documentation for my PC I have a conmposite analogue input which can be used to capture video from a camera. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Service Pack 2 Camcorder Problem
    ... When I connect my camera to my computer to capture the ... I can capture video when I ... uninstall Service Pack 2 and capture it with Service Pack 1, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: Problem capturing video from DV device.
    ... MVP Digital Media ... I have been having a problem with capturing video from my Sony DV camera. ... When I capture video from it, the video appears "blocky" and in very bad ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • =?windows-1252?Q?http=3A=2F=2Fwww=2Eelectronics=2Dmac=2Dsony=2Ecom_Olympus_Evolt_E4?= =?windows&
    ... Optical Sensor Resolution: 10 MP ... capture all of them. ... The Live View LCD is an uncommonly cool feature ... camera away from your face. ...
    (rec.photo.equipment.35mm)
  • Re: Apple II Magazines
    ... As for using a camera to scan...I've never tried it myself, but somehow I think you're always going to get better scans with a flatbed or sheet fed scanner. ... Certainly the camera is quicker, if it can capture images completely flat so that no text is distorted, especially around the spine, which is likely unless it's held as flat as possible. ... You should find that you're still getting very good compression and when viewing the black and white at that resolution in Acrobat or Mac OS X's Preview, both programs will create anti-aliasing on the fly and display a very nice clean image. ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)