Re: Jumpy Jittery Video Capture on one computer

From: John Kelly (not.released_at_dot.com)
Date: 12/03/04

Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:52:55 GMT

Hello,

    Drivers for NVidia are best obtained from the manufacturer of the
graphics card itself.....DO NOT use the driver supplied by Microsoft, it is
generic and will not work well with the higher end NVidia cards. Instead go
to the site of your cards manufacturer and get "their" latest driver. You
should do this even if the Microsoft driver is more recent.

    The reason for this is that manufacturers tend to tweak the NVidia
settings to achieve their own performance requirements thereby invalidating
the generic driver, which conforms to the basic definitions for your version
of card.

--
Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
Check out free video hosting at www.the-kellys.org
----
                     \|||/
                     (oo)
----------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------------
All material gained from other sources is duly acknowledged. No Value is
obtained by publishing in any format other peoples work
"SteveAL" <SteveAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two identical machines.  Both with sufficient disk space.
> One does analog video capture with no problem the other has appears to
> 'remember' the first image it sees and then bounces back and forth between
> that image and the video it is capturing.
>
> I also have a VCR program that came with the machine.  It works fine
> capturing analog video.  I only have the problem when using windows
> moviemaker.
>
> Digital capture works OK.
>
> (My inclination was to uninstall WMM2 and re-install it but there seems to
> be no way to uninstall.)
>
> The driver being used in "nVidia WDM Video Capture (universal)" on both
> the
> working and non-working machine.
> --
> Steve

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Info on H.264
    ... I have a DVR card that supports H.264 video compression. ... It might make more sense, to use a $20 capture chip, with uncompressed ... and write it out to disk in an economical format. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Linux, X, ld, gcc, linking, shared libraries and stuff
    ... >> because, originally, video cards / system RAM could NOT afford to have ... > GL actually "copies" everything, but it's done by the graphics card, so ... > anyway if it's not hardware accelerated. ... installed the proper driver, then it zooms around the screen... ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: "Analog Copy Protection??", Part 2
    ... if dv stands for being able to capture video then ... Your analogy with sound card and capture card is not quite right, ... Macrovision thing, gave me something else for the searches. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: I found an HDMI Video Capture Card for the PC....
    ... why would one need a TV Tuner card anyway? ... > Add the incredible quality of HDMI to your computer. ... > televisions and video projectors, or capture uncompressed quality from> HDV ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: radeon driver heading in wrong direction :-(.
    ... (The 9200 was a really card for its time. ... And what you are saying is that someone can't get support for the video ... the ATI radeon driver did *not* support 3D. ...
    (Fedora)