RE: Movie Maker will not recognize DV input through 1394 IEEE port! He

From: TwistedMonk (TwistedMonk_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/09/04

Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 08:01:04 -0700

I have read on a firewire mucic guys site, that sp2 will really cut down the
throughput on a 1394 port. He even gave involved instructions on how to, just
restore the sp1 1394 part and leave the rest of sp2.

"jmsamr" wrote:

> I have been trying to use 1394 port to movie maker with no results. Moviemaker states that no capture device is available. I have tried using windows Xp update service pack with no results. Yes the camcorder is on and connected. It works fine with my brothers laptop running windows XP. Any ideas??

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SP2 and System File Checker
    ... The instructions on the XP-SP2 Faq should not overwhem you. ... make sure system is virus free ... Given that a system is stable, a service pack update is going to update all system files. ... Here is one link to get started on getting XP SP2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Firewire intermittent loss of connection to Camera on XP Pro SP2
    ... transfer using a Fuji FinePix S2 Pro via there remote capture software called ... systems with W2K SP4 and XP Pro SP2. ... Recently on these systems running XP Pro SP2 we have intermittent ... I have since eliminated that port from the Firewall ...
  • Re: Very Slow response of Print Preview in Excel over shared netwo
    ... Raymond ... > Sporadic reports of problems along these lines have appeared since the SP2 ... > remote computer sees response times around 1 minute. ... > One printer port on the remote computer is: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Windows Firewall Blocks my ability to connect to an FTP site
    ... I'm using SP2 ... port 21 and did the steps the the KB Article. ... with the firewall off works fine. ... The Command-line FTP reports Unknown Error Number. ...
  • Re: Epmap Connectionn Problem
    ... The problem is still here after I change the machine's DNS server; ... The machine is with SP2 and fire wall is on; ... The port number connect to server's epmap port is protean. ... > windows firewall to log successful connections and dropped packets. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)