Re: Creating DVD Movies

From: Rehan (rehan_at_NOSPAMntlworld.com)
Date: 08/07/04

Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 13:36:30 +0100

Adrianne,

> I converted it to MPEG 2 as suggested but I ended up with 2 separate
> files -
> a .m2v file and a .wav file. It appears that the converter separated the
> audio from the video. I expected one file after the conversion. Did I do
> something wrong?

This is an optional thing in TMPGenc. In the wizard you ran at the startup,
the last screen titled: Project Wizard 5/5 "Specifying output file name",
has a selectable option "Output Video and audio as individual elementry
streams". Perhaps it is on by default? Just unclick it and you would get a
combined .MPG file.

If you do not want to run the wizard again, just select the radio button
"System (Video+Audio)" from the bottom right area of the main window under
"Stream Type".

If you have done a conversion before, the two files (m2v and .wav) can be
combined to produce a .mpg file from File->MPEG Tools. Under the first tab
named "Simple multiplex" select stream type to be "MPEG-2 Program (VBR)" and
select other obvious settings in the dialog (input and output file names)
and press OK.

However I must say that if you want a quick and easy solution then Sonic
MyDVD is the way to go. It wont offer any advanced options but should
produce your DVD without much hassle. It also has a trial version available
to download though not easily accessible from the main page of the website.
Here is the direct link:
http://support.sonic.com/desktop/downloads.asp?type=desktop&product=mydvd

--
-R-e-h-a-n-