Re: Uninstalling Older Versions

Greetings,

You can't redownload 4.7 specifically but it should be on WindowsUpdate
(http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com) or you can just download Windows Messenger 5.1 which is
its upgrade. It's fine to have Windows Messenger uninstalled but three features in Windows
Live Messenger won't work without it -- Remote Assistance, Whiteboard and Application
Sharing. If you never use these features in Messenger then you'll never miss it.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger/Windows Live Messenger

"wannabe123" <wannabe123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I uninstalled the 4.7 version of Messenger from my computer when I downloaded
the 8.0.Then I read where it should have been left on there for certain
funtions to work properly in the 8.0.So far I've had no problems at all with
Windows Live Messenger but am concerned that I may run into something down
the road.I haven't had even one of the problems listed in the
discussions.Should I leave well enough alone or as a precaution download the
4.7 if it is still available.

  • Re: Critical Errors after a pristine install of OS
    ... this program from my system at next install, i'll find other ways to chat ... I just hope that messenger won't be ... You do not have to update before turning on the Windows XP firewall.. ... Messenger Service, it may indicate that your system is not secure. ...
  • Re: Critical Errors after a pristine install of OS
    ... the firewall is on by default. ... about messenger, i'm so spooked right now that i prefer to ... completely delete this program from my system at next install, ... You do not have to update before turning on the Windows XP ...
  • Re: Critical Errors after a pristine install of OS
    ... Installation of Zonealarm will automatically turn off Windows firewall, ... I just hope that messenger won't be ... reinstalled when i install SP2 or something, ...
  • RE: Pop Up Ads on StartUp
    ... I also tried what you suggested about Windows Messenger but even with all ... It looks like you have the Elite Toolbar malware on your ... > to use HijackThis. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Critical Errors after a pristine install of OS
    ... I have to update first before i can turn on the firewall. ... Messenger Service, it may indicate that your system is not secure. ... administrators to notify Windows users about their networks. ...