Disabling hard drive
- From: "Andrew Wilson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:37:23 +0100
Running Win XP with SP3, Exelstor and Maxter hard drives.
I have a 250GB and a 80GB hard drive. I use the 80GB hard drive to clone
from the 250GB hard drive every month using Norton Ghost. The 250GB drive is
set to boot in the BIOS list (80GB drive not selected at all).
1) Should I disable the 80GB drive in Device Manager to avoid corruption and
just enable it when I want to Norton Ghost to it?
2) If I do disable it and the 250GB drive fails completely at some point how
would I enable the 80GB drive? If I selected this as the new boot drive in
start up BIOS would it automatically be enabled?
- Prev by Date: Re: US International keyboard stopped working
- Next by Date: Re: Disabling hard drive
- Previous by thread: Re: How to recover excel link in XP program list
- Next by thread: Re: Disabling hard drive