Mario wrote:
Hi, I'm running XP pro.
I've added a new 1 Terabyte drive for backup purposes.
I haven't put anything on it yet, I need to know about
three files that appear on the drive in explorer.

1. Autorun (folder)
2. autorun.inf file

3. System Volume Information

#3 is a function of XP, sticks one on every drive. Ditto recycle bin
unless you configure its properties to use one bin for all drives.

No idea about the autorun, what's in it? And what text is in the inf?

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

  • RE: U3 TEchnology was RE: strange new virus
    ... A malformed .ICO file could conceivably cause the buffer overflow, ... Question regarding autorun on USB flash disks (I never like the term ... valid syntax for an icon file, the icon will appear as the drive icon ... available drives by type) but as you said, it's not running any code on the ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: U3 TEchnology was RE: strange new virus
    ... Question regarding autorun on USB flash disks (I never like the term ... syntax for an icon file, the icon will appear as the drive icon in Windows ... the existence of buffer overflow possibilities in the OS is pretty ... available drives by type) but as you said, it's not running any code on the ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: U3 TEchnology was RE: strange new virus
    ... The icon can be changed to whatever you want it to be, ... Question regarding autorun on USB flash disks (I never like the term ... available drives by type) but as you said, it's not running any code on ... Sure you could hijack the process, but that would mean that the OS was ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: U3 TEchnology was RE: strange new virus
    ... introduce content that way (i.e., via icon file), but it makes perfect ... A malformed .ICO file could conceivably cause the buffer overflow, ... Question regarding autorun on USB flash disks (I never like the term ... available drives by type) but as you said, it's not running any code on the ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: icon of cd-drive doesnt change back
    ... > icon in the my computer window doesn't change back. ... some CD drives do not refresh the label info shown in Explorer very ... You might need a firmware update for the CD drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)